Tuesday 17 October 2017

Flowering Quatrain Bookmark

This week we had a visitor, her initials are EEE. She is an accomplished musical artist and provided me with many free concerts.  We shared a laugh at the Schubert tune that comes from my washer and my dryer indicating the end of a load.  It is the only classical music I listen to.

As a little token of our friendship I tatted the Flowering Quatrain Bookmark in Lizbeth 178 Grape Pomegranate for her.

This free pattern is by Joëlle Paulson and available on her site Le Blog de Frivole.

The pattern is easier than it looks, you start with a series of split rings down the center then tat around them.  I continued on with a Josephine chain, and after putting a few beads on the end I finished off by finger tatting a single shuttle split ring (SSSR) and hiding an end on each side of the split ring. The SSSR keeps the beads on the end and facilitates the addition of a charm using a lobster claw finding.

The treble clef charm is just clipped to the SSSR and could be changed out for any to suit your recipient. 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely gift! I really struggled to get this flat, so for me it wasn't easy, but you've done an excellent job in pretty thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the outer rings and clovers with my second shuttle, I don't recall the pattern saying to do it this way, I also snugged up those chains. perhaps that is what made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern, so pleasing to make! Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully done and the receiver of this gift will love it😄❤😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite bookmark pattern, beautiful colour and I love your embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! It's so elegant and beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting