Saturday 19 August 2017

King Tut Threads

This is King Tut Color 918. You can see the color change is very short.  I thought I would try to make some trim for new shirts.  This is the top of the spool and the tatting is sitting on a clover sized shuttle.

The first pattern I tried is called Tradition. I didn't like how it  was not lying flat so I've picked another to try.  The shirt has a "V" neckline and I will trim only from the shoulder seams forward but I do have that one corner to deal with.  Any tips?


4 comments:

  1. Never heard of that thread, but it's got some great colours running though it, your tatted pieces look beautiful made with it, How about a three ring clover at the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the edging you choose, but if you pick one that's very straight, you may be able to make the 2 ends meet at the bottom of the 'V' and then tat a corner to form the point. OR make them meet at the bottom and tat a very small medallion to sew at the 'corner' (in King Tut it'll be pretty small anyway - it's a gorgeous thread and wonderful to tat with). Love your color choice!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both edgings look great!!! :) Fabulous color!!!

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting